From the 25th May 2018 The Data Protection Act will be replaced by the GDPR - meaning that the way you manage all data and information in your school will change.
Schools currently generate a wealth of information and this has been governed by the DPA to date. The new GDPR will mean some significant changes to the current regulations - including a significant increase in penalties for non-compliance.
Private schools, academies and free-schools are particularly vulnerable under this new law, but all schools are likely to fall foul of these legal changes unless they are prepared.
Our new preparation pack will cover the following areas :
- what the GDPR is
- time-scales for implementation
- legal duties for compliance
- how it differs from the DPA
- raising awareness
- accountability and data governance
- communicating the changes to parents
- legal grounds related to personal data
- gaining consent for data
- the rights of individuals
- rights of individuals to see records
- personal data breaches (penalties)
- children as ‘vulnerable individuals’
- data transfers to other schools in the UK and abroad
- governors expectations
- policies and practice
The pack also contains
- an action plan for implementation
- guidance for Governors
- legal summaries
- PowerPoint presentation outlining the changes
Packs are priced at £60.00 plus postage and VAT.
You can order your copy through PayPal, by using this link :